TechConnect West Virginia, in conjunction with Computer Sciences Corporation and IMTAS, will host a forum to discuss the status of the biometrics industry in West Virginia.
The forum will be held Wednesday, June 20 from 7:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. at the Robert H. Mollohan Research Center, in Fairmont, W.Va.
The event will bring together biometric companies, Federal agencies and university stakeholders to discuss the future of identity and biometrics technologies and their impact on the State’s economy. Government agency officials will review the status of identity management initiatives in the public sector, particularly regarding the major expansion underway at the FBI Center in Harrison County. Other speakers will address the need for more private-sector development capitalizing on the talent/brainpower in the region.
Top officials with the FBI’s Criminal Justice Information Services Division and the Department of Defense Biometric Identity Management Agency will headline this upcoming Wednesday’s Biometric Forum in Fairmont, entitled, “Next Steps in Identity Technologies: Biometrics and Beyond”.
- David Cuthbertson, Assistant Director, FBI Criminal Justice Information Services Division
- Col. Douglas Flohr, Deputy Director for Operations, Biometrics Identity Management Agency
- Dr. Bojan Cukic, Director of Center for Identification Technology Research (CITeR)
- Dr. Terry W. Fenger, Director of the Marshall University Forensic Science Center
- Dr. Marios Savvides, Director of the CyLab Biometrics Center
I’ll be there.